Tuesday, June 1, 2010


“Sex and the City 2” movie was a highly anticipated film of 2010. I know I couldn’t wait for it to hit the cinemas. As you know from this blog I was counting days until the premiere and finally I watched it last Friday. There are all kinds of reviews online, good and bad, but I must say with all my heart that I really loved this movie. Of course we might argue about the storyline, even actors but I don’t believe there is a reason for that. It’s not this kind of a film to take part in international film festivals, it’s not being made for the Oscars, it’s simply made for the fans, as Sarah Jessica Parker likes to say.

I truly believe that the real SATC 2 fans wouldn’t be disappointed. I know I wasn’t. As a loyal fan of the series the only thing I can say about the film is that I loved it, actually even more that the first film. It's much funnier that the first part. I miss NYC a little in this movie but Marrakech is pretty fabulous setting as well, besides when we see Carrie's closet for the first time I felt like all of my worries went away! I enjoyed girls' talks and that they are not anymore just some young fashion – obsessed gals with boyfriend troubles. They talk about their families, child problems, menopause etc. I wonder if they’re going to make the third movie. I hope they will but until then I'm definitely going to watch “Sex and the City 2” again and again and again …

The actresses looked stunning at two premiers. The world premiere took place in New York City and the second one in London. Sarah Jessica Parker paid a tribute to late Alexander McQueen by wearing his 2008 gown for the London premiere. Kristin Davis chose vintage for both events, Cynthia Nixon was a vision in both Carolina Herrera and Narciso Rodriguez and Kim Cattrall – goddess Kim - looked glamorous in Naem Khan and Thierry Mugler.


At the world premiere in New York City:

Sarah Jessica Parker in Valentino Couture 2010

Kristin Davis in vintage Jean Desses

Kim Cattrall in Naem Khan Spring/Summer 2010

Cynthia Nixon in Carolina Herrera for Fall 2010


At London’s premiere:
 Sarah Jessica Parker in Alexander McQueen from Spring 2008

Cynthia Nixon in Narciso Rodriguez

Kristin Davis in vintage Norman Norell:

Kim Cattrall in Thierry Mugler

Video from the London premiere:

No comments:

Post a Comment