Thursday, January 8, 2015

What not to miss in 2015 ... prepare your agendas!

2015 is here so it’s time to look at what’s waiting ahead of us this year in a fashion related world. I am not thinking here about the trends or fashion shows but what entertainment world has in plan for us fashion lovers. I’ve chosen few of the most exciting propositions from museums, tv shows, movies. I myself am very excited! Click inside to see more…

Museum


Alexander McQueen is coming to London and I couldn’t be more happy! From
14 March – 19 July Victoria&Albert Museum will hold a ‘Savage Beauty’ event. Some of you might recall the same event taking place at New York City’s MET a few years back which was a total madness and simply impossible to get tickets for. This time the exhibition is coming to London and the tickets are on sale now. If you want to make sure you’ll score your ticket get them now. They are selling really fast. Seeing the retrospective of McQueen’s work is a dream come true. I’ve booked my tickets already and I’m counting days :)

There are some many other exhibitions happening in 2015. Two of them worth recommending will take place in Paris. There will be JeanneLanvin art exhibition 07 March 2015 to 23 August 2015 at Palais Galliera which will focus on the history behind the creator of the oldest Parisian fashion house – Lanvin.

Another interesting Paris art show will focus on the fashion world of Jean Paul Gaultier at Grand Palais between 01 April 2015 - 03 August 2015. The 150 most iconic piece show travels around the world to get to Paris in April. Must see!

TV Show


I’m not technically sure where would this show premiere but it’s been confirmed that Lena Dunham (yes Girls’ Lena Dunham!) is working on a new show about  Bergdorf Goodman's personal shopper Betty Halbreich. If you don’t know who Betty is make sure to check out her book 'I'll Drink to That: A Life in Style, with a Twist' or a document “Scatter my ashes at Bergdorf's”. Celebrity shopping at one of the best department stores in the world? Count me in!

Film


‘Emerging' is a movie which will show us the fashion world from inside out. Focusing on the entire year of fashion world looking from the customer, model, editor point of view. The movie will have a premiere in March 2015.

In September ‘The Intern’ will hit cinemas. It’s a movie with Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro about an elderly intern trying to make an impact working at a fashion website. Seems like a great comedy!

When you follow news online, you're able to hear some gossip about continuation of 'Sex and the City' as well as 'Devil Wears Prada' sequel. I hope that there is some truth in those stories. Actors seem to be willing. What's the point of waiting then?! We're ready!

So many good things to come this year. Make sure you'll check out everything that you're interested in and let me know what I've missed.

'Till next time,
Magda 

No comments:

Post a Comment