Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Getting ready for fall

The hot days are over – er, the hot days are over ... In Poland at least. After extremely hot summer time, the leaves are falling down and it seems that the season change is inevitable. Even though I love sun and warm days, I am a fall girl. Being born in September for me this time of year was always associated with gifts, new clothes and getting ready for school which I loved!

Now being in my late twenties (OMG should I even say that?!) I still enjoy the time when fall comes. It’s mostly because of the September Vogues arriving in my mail J. And of course what can be better than prepping your wardrobe for the colder months! All those new collections of jackets, trousers, blazers, boots, hats ... oh my ... I could go on and on.

When it comes to shopping for fall and winter it’s always a little bit tricky. You want to focus on staying warm and at the same time staying trendy. Plus good quality leather boots or warm coats don’t come with a low price tag. Here comes good planning skills. Firstly think about the staples. Those are the pieces you simply WILL NOT survive the season without. Depending on where you live, it could be either a warm jacket, shoes or a cool hat. It must be something of good quality that would last you at least a season (I am always opting for longer J) without getting ruined or worn out. For those of you lucky people living in California – a good quality cardigan could be that great investment. Those pieces must be selected carefully and ideally would match your vision of style with those basic needs of making you warm and comfy.

If you are lucky enough and still have some money on your credit card (J) after getting what you needed, you can spend a little more on something that you maybe not NEED per se but would love to own. A nice cashmere sweater or leather gloves might have been on your wish list for ages and now could be a good time to get them.

While browsing the web, I’ve come across few items that for sure I will be adding to my wardrobe this season. I haven’t gotten any updated staples for my fall collection for about 2 years now and it’s TIME to change that. I’ve tried on various coats and boots in the last couple of days and now I’ve finally come to a conclusion.

My coat of a choice would be a classic, simple black Mango coat. Perfect for Paris (yes, lately everything has to be ready for a trip to Paris in October J) but the truth is this black coat is such a staple! I love black, I wear a lot of black, and this would be something that would keep me warm and stylish.  

While in Massimo Dutti I’ve seen the most AMAZING boots. I think they are absolutely the most gorgeous ones I’ve seen this season so far. I’ve fallen in love with them and they are number one on my list! The other pair I’d wear like crazy for sure would be my Isabel Marant’s Bekkets. Also in black (here comes a shocker J). I love them cause they make me taller but at the same time are extremely comfortable!  I know I am pretty boring with all black but I will be paring it with my favorite of the moment which is a Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus, which I love and which is a perfect red – coral combination for my lips. Together with Topshop skinny jeans, nice blazer and a cool scarf I am ready to face this chilly fall weather.

And what staples are you planning to get this fall?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment