Sunday, September 15, 2013

Favorites from NYFW S/S 2014

It was just starting and now it’s over, the first of all Fashion Weeks – New York City edition is a dream to participate in. It’s my biggest dream to be a part of this even at least for one show someday. Last year on my US vacation I spent few days in New York and went to Lincoln Center during NYFW. It was amazing to see all of those stylish people, models, journalists, bloggers. It gave me a little glimpse into this world and how it’s being done New York style. Hopefully one day I will be able to get inside (dream on J) but for now as a true fashion lover together with a half of the world I was following the shows, street fashion and surrounding events of New York Fashion Week. Before we’ll all go to London, check out my very subjective list of everything that I loved about this past NYFW!






1. Favorite collections


Wes Gordon




Victoria Beckham


Proenza Shouler





Rag&Bone





2. Favorite make up look
Photo: harpersbazaar.com

It was such an easy choice. Rag&Bone’s show mandarin lipstick was a true hit for me! Such a bold color for next spring makes want to get it immediately. Unfortunately the product used to create this look won’t be out in stores until January! I promise I will be the first one at the Revlon counter next year.
To quote make up goddess Gucci Westman via Harper’s Bazaar: “This is the first time rag & bone has ever done a lip like this,” said Revlon makeup artist Gucci Westman. “There’s a lot of shine and pastels to the collection, so I really wanted the lip to pop.” To create a color that was inspired by the World Cup in Brazil, Westman blended Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Mischievous (out in January) with Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Carnival.


3. Favorite photo

Ok, so this was a no brainer. Everybody who saw this picture of David Beckham holding his little girl at Victoria Beckham’s show knows that the father – daughter pic with Anna Wintour SMILING at them has already gone to the history. It’s just so cute! I don’t think there is any other word that could describe it better. Cannot wait to see Harper wearing her mom’s design in a few years.

Photo: Vogue Paris



4. Favorite street style

JAC. Monika Jagaciak, a beautiful Polish model is one of my favorites not only because of the country she comes from J but especially because of her youthful approach to fashion and cool style mixture. She looks amazing on runways, on the magazine covers but I mostly admire her street style! It’s very rock’n’roll chic which I love and it is pretty easy to follow. Check out JAC’s Instagram for more style inspiration.



Mixture of pics from stylebistro.com, harpersbazaar.com and vogue.com


And what were your favorite moments of NYFW?


No comments:

Post a Comment