Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Cover Mystery

Saskia de Brauw is rumored to be the March cover girl for Vogue Paris and last one under Carine Roitfeld. The issue that will come out this month will definitely go to history as being the finalement from Ms. Roitfeld. A lot of people, including me, were thinking that she might want to close her ruling at VP with the Kate Moss cover (since she graced her first cover) but it seems that Saskia has got the job.

I don’t know what’s more interesting Carine’s last cover or her replacement's Emmanuelle Alt’s first?? We all keep asking ourselves whom will she choose? Daria Werbowy is Alt’s favorite. That's for sure. Or maybe Natasha Polly that she frequently styled at Vogue Paris? I'm so curious to see. But before that – Carine’s last issue as rédactrice en chef will have to come out and it will probably be next week. I’m so happy to be in Brussels this following week so I could buy this issue as soon as it comes out!

On style.com you can find an interesting interview with Carine Roitfeld. Roitfeld who’s been extremely quiet in those past 2 weeks finally answers some questions including the one on Emmanuelle Alt, with whom she doesn’t speak to anymore.

http://www.style.com/stylefile/2011/02/the-future-of-fashion-part-seven-carine-roitfeld/

Here are some quotes from the text that refer to the March issue of Vogue Paris:

“My last issue is the March issue, and it’s dedicated to young designers, no advertisers, just young designers, because I think they really need the support…When you meet these kids, you learn a lot from them, and I think it gives them a lot of positive energy…I definitely want to work on a project with young designers, not just French but international…I grew up and I think I have better ideas than I had ten years ago.”

“I know I did a good job. I know the March issue is a record in terms of advertising.”

So who do you think will grace the March issue of Vogue Paris?

No comments:

Post a Comment