Thursday, November 8, 2012

The number 1




I remember being interested in fashion for so many years. Ever since I can remember I was going through fashion magazines at the newsstands and falling in love with what Audrey Hepburn was wearing in the first movies I saw. I remember exactly the first time I was in Louis Vuitton store in Paris and was dreaming about owning my very own designer bag. For all those years this dream felt like something impossible. As you all know designer bags are not the cheapest things around so for a teenage girl and then a student it was simply out of my limits.

This year I decided to change that! I knew I was going for my holidays to the US this year and I ‘ve decided it was time to invest in a designer bag I’ve longed for few years now. After long consideration and a big list of pros and cons I’ve decided to go with the flow and purchase Rocco by Alexander Wang! I honestly was fighting with my thought for months, putting the money aside – thinking if this is really something I want but then I figured that yes – it WAS the time to get it. And so I did.

I cannot even start to say how special and exciting this was for me. This thrill of going to the Barney’s New York to actually get something and not only look through. I was the client now and I left with my bag strutting down Fifth Avenue with the Barney’s black shopping bag. It was one of those those moments I’ve been waiting for all my life. I know for some of you this might some funny but It really was a special moment for me.

Now that I think about it I am really happy that I was the one to get this for me. My first designer handbag that I will cherish forever. I will remember that day at Barney’s for the rest of my life and I am ready now to get other brothers and sisters to Rocco :)

Do you remember the first time you got a designer bag?

*******************************************************************************


Interesują się modą od wielu lat. Odkąd pamiętam przeglądałam magazyny z modą w kioskach i zakochał się w tym, co Audrey Hepburn nosiła w pierwszych filmach, które oglądałam jako dziecko. Pamiętam dokładnie pierwszy raz, kiedy znalazłam się w sklepie Louis Vuitton w Paryżu i marzyłam o posiadaniu swojej własnej torby od projektanta. Przez te wszystkie lata to marzenie wydawało się czymś niemożliwym. Jak wszyscy wiecie, torby designerskie nie należą do najtańszych rzeczy, przez co zarówno dla nastolatki, jak i studentki  były poza moim zasięgiem.

W tym roku postanowiłem to zmienić! Wiedziałem, że na wakacje jadę do USA i zdecydowałam, że nadszedł czas, aby zainwestować w torbę od projektanta, na którą czekałam od tylu lat. Po długich rozważaniach oraz długiej liście za i przeciw zdecydowałam się na zakup Rocco od Alexandra Wanga! Szczerze biłam się z myślami odkładając pieniądze i myśląc, czy to jest naprawdę coś, czego pragnę, ale potem pomyślałem, że tak - to był czas, aby kupić moją wymarzoną torebkę. I tak też zrobiłam!

Nie mogę nawet powiedzieć, jak bardzo ekscytujące było to dla mnie doświadczenie. Ten dreszcz emocji podczas odwiedzenia Barney’s New York i rzeczywiście kupienia czegoś w sklepie, a nie tylko przeglądania. Tym razem byłam klientem i wyszłam z moją torbą dumnie spacerując  Fifth Avenue z czarną torbą Barneys’a na ramieniu. To była jedna z tych chwil, na które czekałam przez całe moje życie. Wiem, że dla niektórych z Was może wydawać się to trochę śmiesznie, ale naprawdę był to wyjątkowy moment dla mnie.

Teraz, gdy o tym myślę, jestem naprawdę szczęśliwa, że byłam tą osobą, która kupiła ją dla mnie. Moja pierwsza torebka od projektanta, którą będę kochać na zawsze. Będę pamiętać ten dzień w Barney’s przez resztę mojego życia i jestem gotowa, aby kupować kolejnych braci i siostry dla Rocco :)

Pamiętacie, kiedy po raz pierwszy kupiliście lub dostaliście torebkę od projektanta?








No comments:

Post a Comment