Tuesday, October 11, 2011

London Fashion Weekend


Entrance to the Somerset House

Thanks to a wonderful Miss B. from A Girl, a Style, I was able to spend a fantastic time at London Fashion Weekend. I never actually tend to win anything so to finally win and that kind of prize was amazing! Thank you again Miss B.!

London Fashion Weekend is an event that starts right after the main Fashion Week. It takes place at the exquisite Somerset House, which used to be a palace to the Tudor Family. It was a fabulous set to fashion.
The place was surrounded by fashionistas who wanted to learn the new trends, try on some clothes and in the end of course buy some. Who wouldn’t want to use the opportunity of -70% discounts!

I of course had to check out new collection from Twenty8Twelve, a brand of actress Sienna Miller and her sister Savannah. I’m a huge fan of Sienna’s fashion but I was never able to check out her store. I must say I really liked the clothes! The whole collection was very London look in my opinion. Some ethereal dresses, long sweaters and my favorite – leather jackets. Those last ones were reduced from 400-500 pounds to only 150! No that’s what I call a bargain!


My choice!
I loved the idea of inviting designers who just start to fight for their name in the fashion business. You were able to actually meet them, talk to them and of course buy their designs just before some Vogue journalist will catch them and get them into the magazine. I personally fell in love with Holly Fulton’s style. Especially her graphic dresses, which really stood out! Another brand worth noticing was in my opinion Lowie. The latest collection is dominated by dresses, skirts and sweaters, which all seem to share one element – a bow. Everything was made from organic Fair Trade cotton. You can see that successively English countryside inspires designers. 




When it comes to accessories and especially shoes, all the shoe lovers must have been in heaven when entering The Shoe Studio. In there we could choose from a wide selection of Michael Kors and See by ChloĆ© shoes. I didn’t want to leave this place.


But the fashions shows count on you being on time. Latecomers had no chance to get inside. Everything was perfectly planned. Each “Catwalk Show” consisted of a consecutive series of shows. I really enjoyed Jaeger London collection for fall/winter 2011. This well-known British brand showed a collection of beautiful coats of different colors. I loved the latest collection from Osman, whose collection was a combination of colors and architectural cuts were truly inspiring. I liked especially the mixture of black color and neon stripes. My favorite collection during the show though was Bryce AIME. The clothes were extremely original, his woman is a true individualist. I loved the interesting forms, quite futuristic but still easy for everyday wear.

I really hope to be able to attend this event next time. It’s a perfect place for all the fashion lovers who are not able to get into the shows at London Fashion Week but through this event they get to experience the fashion world at least a little bit. I highly recommend!



One of the colorful LFW attendees
On the way to catwalk







At the show








Models in between shows

1 comment:

  1. great blog please update. check my blog out and please follow me http://fashionfun-otherdrugs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete